Wesley Church is at 75 William Street. It is the third church in the city built to serve the Methodist community. It was designed in the Early English Gothic style by architect Richard Roach Jewell (1810-91), and constructed of locally-made brick, with cut stone facings at the corners and capping to the buttresses and one of the most impressive examples of architecture in Perth at the time. The roof was covered with wood shingles. But due to a shortage of money, the church was unfinished when it opened in 1870.
The church was damaged in the Meckering earthquake of October 1968. Today Wesley Church remains a place of worship for its congregation and part of the Uniting Church of Australia. It is also the home of Wesley Mission, which provides caring and support services for disadvantaged people.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one