At the tip of the peninsular stands the Meteorology Division, established as an observatory by Dr Otto Tetens in June 1902, with funding from Kaiser Wilhelm II, granted in 1901. The Gauss Haus and absolute house were built in 1912, and the main office buildings in 1913.
There are several important tombs here – including that of Malietola Tanumafili II (1913-2007), one of Sãmoa’s four paramount chiefs, sole head of state from 1963 to 2007.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one