The Chapel is a living Church, the spiritual home of the Household Division and the only Royal Military Chapel in London. It is open daily to visitors and holds Sunday services. On Sunday 18 June 1944 the Chapel was bombed killing 124 people, injuring 102 and destroying most of the building. Amazingly, amid the chaos people noticed that six silver candles on the main altar had not gone out. The candles have been lit ever since as a symbol of hope and as a reminder that there will always be light through the darkness. In 1963 the original apse which avoided destruction became the foundations for the creation of the new Chapel, and the Guards Chapel was once again open for worship.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one