St Paul’s Cathedral was built in 1850 and is the fourth oldest church of the Province of Southern Africa. It wasn’t until 1859 that this church became a cathedral. It is also the largest and oldest cathedral on St. Helena. It is a very simple and delightful early English style church. St. Paul’s Cathedral stands in the middle of the island in the town of St. Paul. Inside the cathedral, it is fairly dark as the only light source are the stained glass windows. The carvings around the altar and Bishop’s throne are notable. They were made many years ago by Richard Constantine, a local craftsman and organist.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one