St Helier has operated a lifeboat station since 1884, having had a lifeboat since 1830. The station was moved to its present site on Albert Quay in 1896, under the control of the RNLI (though during the war it was under German control during the German occupation between 1940 and 1945). A new shore facility was built in 1993.
Crew members have been awarded nine Bronze Medals, seven Silver Medals and four Gold Medals for gallantry.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one