The Royal Mews, the entrance to which can be seen behind the statue, is not open to the public. Here there is a large riding school, stables for The Queen’s horses and ponies and garage space for carriages and cars. Normally the Ascot landaus are housed here, and a number of royal cars, including the one which The Queen normally drives when at Windsor. Often here are horses ridden in The Queen’s Birthday Parade. The Royal Mews occupies a large area of Windsor Castle, and has access to the Home Park and the Great Park beyond it. In 1839 Parliament voted £70,000 for the building of the stables. The Royal Mews has been on its present site since roughly 1846.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one