The University of Strathclyde opened Ramshorn Theatre in 1992. It is located in Ingram Street in the Merchant City area. Seating about 80 people, it was formally named by the playwright, Liz Lochhead. Originally the building was the Ramshorn Kirk, built in 1824. It was designed by the architect, Thomas Rickman, and was the only church he ever designed. For many years the Strathclyde Theatre Group was based in this building until the University closed it in July 2011. It was also used by a variety of stage schools such as Glasgow Acting Academy and as a venue for the Glasgow International Jazz Festival and the Glasgow International Comedy Festival.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one