Partick Thistle Football Club is based at Firhill Stadium on land which used to belong to the Caledonian Railway. The club was originally formed in 1876 and was based in various different locations. They moved from Partick, which was not then part of Glasgow, in 1908. The stadium has three stands – the Main Stand, built in 1927, seating about 2,900 supporters; the Jackie Husband Stand, built in 1994 for about 6,500 fans; and the North Stand, for 2,000. On the South side of the stadium there was a grass embankment, known as “The Bing”, which was formerly open terracing. In order to join the Scottish Premier League, they had to be able to seat 10,000, and so in 2006 they replaced the terraced area to the north with a new stand seating 2,000. The team played their first home match at Firhill on 18 September 1909, beating Dumbarton Harp by three goals to one. The team is colloquially known as “The Jags.” The present team have been members of the Scottish Professional Football League since it was formed in 2013. Since 1936 the team has played in red, yellow and black colours. Their logo is a thistle.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one