The Government House is located in the centre of Codrington village, behind the Post Office. The building dates from 1694 and has a block by the gate for a rider to stand on to mount and dismount a horse. The building was lived in by the island ‘Wardens’ who were the representatives of the British Government from the time the Codringtons left Barbuda until as recently as 1976. The house has been severely damaged by various hurricanes and has yet to be repaired but could be a nice museum.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one