The Nakivubo War Memorial Stadium is a multi-purpose stadium. It is currently not in use, but was previously mostly used for football matches and was the home venue of SC Villa. The stadium had a capacity of 30,000 people, however, since 2017, it has been under renovation. Nakivubo Stadium was developed in 1926 on land donated by the Kabaka of Buganda at the time. It hosted its first match on 1 April 1926 between the Uganda National Team and the Under-18 National Team of Uganda. It was modernised in 1954 by the British colonial Government to commemorate the lives of Ugandans killed during the Second World War following the passage of the Nakivubo War Memorial Act by the Parliament of Uganda. It is owned by the Government of Uganda and is operated by the Board of Trustees known as the Registered Trustees of Nakivubo War Memorial Stadium, and appointed by the Minister of Sports. In 2000 the stadium hosted a match of the Uganda National Football Team with all players wearing a FC Internazionale Milano jersey (they were fined for wearing them).
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one