The Museum of Contemporary Art at 140 George Street, the Rocks, stands on land originally owned by the Gadigal people of the Eora Nation, traditional owners of Tallawoladah. The museum is dedicated to exhibiting, interpreting and collecting contemporary art from Australia and across the world. In 1991, it opened in the art-deco style building, previously occupied by the Maritime Services Board. The museum came about thanks to Dr John W. Power (1881-1943), a modernist painter and former doctor, who left his fortune for the promulgation of the visual arts. The creation of the museum was funded by the University of Sydney and the Power bequest. The Mordant Wing extension was opened in 2012.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one