Milsons Point juts out into the harbour directly opposite Sydney Cove, the spot where the first European settlement was established in 1788. It was named after one of the early settlers, James Milson (1783-1872), who arrived in Sydney in 1806. He settled here and supplied ships with stone ballast, freshwater, and products from his dairy, orchard and vegetable gardens. Today Milsons Point has a number of residential and commercial developments. D.H. Lawrence described how the inhabitants hopped on and off the ferries: ‘slipping like fishes across the harbour.’
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one