Sark’s Methodist Church was first built in 1796 and called Ebenezer Chapel, but it was moved and rebuilt in its present location in 1926 because a neighbouring landowner, Duncan Henderson, OBE (1870-1934), found the singing of the 200 worshipers too loud. He, therefore, donated the present site just three-quarters of a mile away. It is the oldest church in the Circuit. Only the gate posts of the first church survive. Until the first church was built, Methodists worshipped in private houses spread across the island. John Wesley first wanted to come to Sark in 1987. Jean de Quetteville first preached here about two years later and was responsible for the creation of the first church.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one