The Masjid Wazir Khan Mosque is a 17th-century mosque in the walled city. It was commissioned by Sheikh Ilm-ud-Din Ansari (also known as Wazir Khan), the court physician, in the reign of Shah Jahan (1592-1666) as part of a set of buildings which also included the Shahi Hammam baths. It was built between 1634 and 1641. It is the most ornately decorated and beautifully tiled of all the mosques of the Mughal era. Most of its interiors are embellished with elaborate frescoes. Over the years it was a centre for the training of Islamic calligraphers.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one