The Princess Margaret Hospital is one of two hospitals in the town and is privately owned by BMI Health Care and has 78 beds. Built in 1980, its glass entrance extension was completed in 1990. The site was originally built as flats in the 1970s, but these were never used and the site became derelict. It is named after Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon (1930-2002), younger sister of The Queen. Both princesses knew Windsor well since their earliest days and were housed in the Castle during most of the Second World War. There they staged pantomimes. The hospital was opened by Princess Margaret on 16 April 1980. Princess Margaret died in London, following a stroke on 9 February 2002. Her ashes rest near the coffins of her parents, King George VI and Queen Elizabeth, in the King George VI Memorial Chapel in St George’s Chapel.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one