Lalbagh Fort (also Fort Aurangabad), is an incomplete fort on Lalbagh Road, built-in 1678 by Mughal Subahdar Muhammad Azam Shah (1653-1707), then Viceroy of Bengal. It was originally thought to have been three buildings – the mosque, the tomb of Pari Bibi (d. 1684), daughter of Shaista Khan (ca 1600-94), the Mughal general, who never completed the work despite staying in Dhaka until 1688. After his daughter’s death, Khan began to consider the fort unlucky. However, recent excavations have revealed other structures.
The fort was abandoned at the end of the royal Mughal period when the capital moved from Dhaka to Murshidabad.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one