La Domus, the imposing residence of the Roman Catholic priesthood in Victoria, was an outstanding architectural achievement of its time. Built-in 1934 to house the Swiss missionaries ministering to the Diocese of Port Victoria, the magnificent two-storey building constructed from granite rocks even contains an aqueduct that supplies it with water from a nearby artesian well. In the 1960’s it housed a dozen Capuchin missionaries. Today La Domus is occupied by only three priests with many of its rooms used as administrative offices. It stands in a quiet corner of Victoria, a poignant reminder of those days when there was no shortage of priests to disseminate the word of God among the islands.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one