Jubilee View is on Cross Hill, high above Georgetown, formerly an important land and seamark following the discovery of Ascension Island in 1501. It is now a picnic area created to mark The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee in 2012, and opened by HRH The Duke of Kent on 8 November 2012. It stands adjacent to and just below the old Fort Bedford, formerly the site of Governor’s Lodge and Bate’s Cottage, which housed troops during World War II. The ruined foundations can still be seen between two Victorian cannons dating from 1866 and a pair of 5.5 inch naval guns from HMS Hood, which were removed from that ship in Malta in 1935, and are periodically restored by the volunteers.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one