The brick-and-timber house was originally known as Hibbert House, named after Thomas Hibbert, reportedly one of four members of the House of Assembly who in 1755 engaged in a bet to build the finest house and thereby win the attention of a much-sought-after beauty (he lost the bet). In 1872, when the capital was moved from Spanish Town to Kingston, the house became the seat of the Jamaican legislature and remained so until 1960, when Gordon House was built next door.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one