Locals ‘lime’ and exchange gossip on this grassy patch anchored by a circular fountain crowned by three topless nymphs. Once called Pall Mall Sq, it was used in the 1790s for slave auctions and is bordered by a few 18th-century Georgian buildings and the dignified cathedral. Originally called Pall Mall Square, it was renamed when St. Kitts and Nevis achieved political independence on September 19th, 1983. The Government first acquired Pall Mall Square in 1750 and it rapidly became the administrative, commercial and social center of Basseterre. As slave ships arrived in Bassterre, they were quartered in the basement of the building before being sold at in the middle of The Square.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one