The Green Point Lighthouse is an operational lighthouse at Mouille Point, first lit on 12 April 1824. It was commissioned by Sir Rufane Shaw Donkin (1772-1841), acting Governor of the Cape Colony between 1820 and 1821. It was designed by the German architect, Herman Shutte, originally a sculptor, who arrived in the Cape in 1790. The lighthouse was expanded to its present height in 1865. It is open to the public.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one