The Blake family built this property around the time of Emancipation (1834) and soon after sold it to Thomas Harper, a planter-merchant and Vestryman. Harper named the property Springfield. When the Archdeaconry of St Kitts was created as a consequence of the establishment of the Diocese of Antigua in 1842, it was felt that the rector of St. George should be accommodated in a style more suitable for his new position of Archdeacon. In keeping with this ambition, the venerable Francis Robert Brathwaite, the first Archdeacon, bought Springfield from the Harpers around 1848. Today Springfield House serves as the official residence of the Governor General of The Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one