The Fuk Tak Chi Museum was once the oldest Chinese temple in Singapore. It was constructed in 1824 by Hakka and Cantonese immigrants from Kwong Wai Siew. The temple later became the headquarters for the Cantonese and Hakka communities. It even functioned as a welfare association where disputes were settled. However, in order to preserve the building’s history, it was handed over to the government in 1990 and the temple was moved to a shrine in Geylang. This building was later restored and completed as a museum in 1998. Today the museum is located in the entrance to the Amoy Hotel. Exhibits are held here and model displays portray the way Singapore used to look like in the 19th century.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one