Fremantle Oval is almost in the centre of Fremantle. It was originally known as Barracks Green Field but has been known as Freo Oval for many years. It is home to South Fremantle Football Club, which shares its grounds with the Fremantle Dockers. With an impressive gymnasium, changing rooms and medical rooms and function areas, Fremantle Oval is of the best facilities in the WAFL competition. Outside is a statue of John Gerovich (born 1938), champion full-forward, taking his spectacular mark over Ray French in the 1956 WAFL preliminary final. The ground holds 17,500 spectators, though for Australian Football League Women’s competitions it is capped at 10,000.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one