The EFKS church is on Main Beach Road, close to the New Zealand High Commission. The Congregational Christian Church or ‘Ekalesia Faspotopotoga Kerisiana Sãmoa’ was established by the London Missionary Society in 1830. As on several other Pacific islands, it was the arrival of Rev John Williams (1796-1839) with missionaries from Tahiti, the Cook Islands and Tonga, who established the church here. In 1844 the Malua Theological College was created on Upolu island, to train missionaries and send them out to other Pacific islands. By 1855 the bible had been translated into Samoan. The church now has 75,000 members and 327 congregations in Samoa alone.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one