Sr Arnold is commemorated on the island’s most prominent memorial. This granite obelisk has been in place since 1926 in the main square of James Town. Saying he was St Helena’s greatest friend is no understatement. He was the islands, health office, dentist, surgeon, physician, justice of the peace, governor and member of the council. Dr Arnold was brought to Jamestown in 1900 during the Anglo-Boer War. He volunteered as medical staff to attend the troops. For these reasons, this memorial is significant to the people of Jamestown.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one