The St. Philip Howard Catholic Church is situated on Queen Elizabeth Avenue in Kingston. This church was established in 1959 and follows both the Roman and Latin rites. It was dedicated to St Philip Howard following the visit of Cardinal James Freeman. St Philip Howard was an English nobleman who became a saint of the Catholic Church. Although there has not been a resident parish priest on the Island since 1987, the parish is administered from St Mary’s Cathedral. Priests from the cathedral and elsewhere visit the Island several times during the year, leaving enough of the Blessed Sacrament for the parishioners to gather each Sunday morning in St Philip Howard’s Church, even when there is no Mass for prayers and Holy Communion. They love to welcome tourists and visitors.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one