Bermuda National Library, at 13 Queen Street, was founded by Major-General Sir William Reid (1791-1858), Governor of the Bermudas from 1839 to 1846, a man remembered for his involvement with the debate on storms, a significant contribution to meteorology in the 19th century. Originally created in 1839 and housed in the Cabinet Building, it started with a collection of 276 books. It was moved to the former home of William B. Perot at Par-La-Ville in 1917, and a new wing was added between 1954 and 1957. The adult collection has now expanded to hold about 115, 300 volumes. The Youth Library is now situated at 74 Church Street.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one