The Arboretum is a 22-acre park in Devonshire to the east of the city. The land was originally owned by the British Army but they handed it over to the Bermuda Government in 1951 and it is run by the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries. At the outset, the Queen sent over horticultural specimens from Kew, and it was further enriched with saplings from Japan, New Guinea and Canada.
There are groves of palms, flowing golden acacia and cedar trees, rubber trees, black ebony and avocado trees, an expanse of wildflowers, forests and walking trails. It is a habitat for a variety of birds, including rare bluebirds and cardinals. A cedar bridge leads across small pools and leads deeper into the park. Admission to the Arboretum is free.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one