The Apostles Battery (or Morne Battery – its official War Office name) is situated above the eastern side of Morne Road at the north side of its junction with Henry Dulieu Road. Originally there were four guns here. Construction of the battery began on 1 June 1890 and was completed by 31 July 1892, at a cost of £6,696.00.
In the late 19th century, Morne Fortuné served as a garrison to defend the Castries Harbour, when it was a coaling station. Coal was brought to the Harbour from abroad, and dumped onto the wharf, while coal-burning ships called at the port to refuel. In 1906 the British garrison left Morne Fortuné.
The Battery contains a central underground shell and cartridge store with lamp room, and a command post with a pedestal.