Queen Anne’s Court is at the entrance to Peacod Street. Before this building was constructed, there were fine old 16th century buildings here as can be seen in those housing Oxfam and Martyn Crossley. Sadly Windsor has lost many such old buildings. Queen Anne’s court itself used to be an old inn and is named after Anne Boleyn who lodged there while she was the secret lover of Henry VIII. On 1 September 1532 he created her Marchioness of Pembroke. This was the first Hereditary peerage ever bestowed on a woman. The King did so in order to make it possible for him to marry her less than a year later. But when she failed to give him a male heir, he turned against her and she was executed on Tower Green at the Tower of London on 19 May 1536.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one