The Queen Anne Royal Free CE First School was opened in September 1988 for children between the ages of 5 and 9. It is a Royal Free Foundation School, an organisation founded in 1705 with donations from Queen Anne and her husband, Prince George of Denmark, to give education to the children of Windsor. Queen Anne became fond of Windsor Castle on succeeding to the throne in 1702 and it soon became her favourite summer residence. In 1704 she heard the news of the Duke of Marlborough’s victory at Blenheim, in what is now the Print Room at the Castle. But mostly she lived at the Queen’s Lodge. The school is a maintained school under the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead Learning and Care Directorate, associated as a Church of England school with the Diocese of Oxford. It takes 149 pupils, and is consistently over-subscribed. The school aims to give children a good introduction to school life, and consists of classrooms and a large outdoor area with ponds, a woodland walk, play areas and playing fields. The Queen Anne Royal Free School has close ties to All Saints Church in Frances Road, where the pupils worship on Wednesdays.
Help us crowdsource images for this point of interest. Contribute below.
See it on these walks
We don't have any images for this location yet, help us by adding one